Tag Archives: musical
The Iowa City Community Theatre is presenting the classic musical “Oklahoma!” on April 26 and 27 and May 3 and 4 at 7:30 p.m., as well as April 27 and 28 and May 4 and 5 at 2 p.m. in the Exhibition Hall at the Johnson County Fairgrounds.
The show, with music by Richard Rodgers, book and lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II is co-directed by Josh Sazon and Richard Riggleman, with music direction by Wes Habley and choreography by Jill and Doug Beardsley.
The performances are sponsored by Dr. William Olin and Bertha Olin and Dr. Steve Hedlund and Chris Hedlund.
Tickets are $18 for adults, $15 for students and seniors, and $10 for children. Use the linked coupon to save $2 on each ticket!
Curly: Joe Mosher
Laurey: Megan Kaiser
Ado Annie: Betsy Litman
Will Parker: Dave Helmuth
Aunt Eller: Nicole DeSalle
Ali Hakim: Ali Ajram
Jud: Jeff Mead
Carnes: Tom Schulein
Skidmore: Bryan Lawler
Gertie: Meredith Lamb
Iowa City Community Theatre will be holding auditions for Rodgers and Hammerstein’s classic musical, Oklahoma!, on Saturday the 16th from 3:30 to 6:30p.m. and on Sunday the 17th from 2 to 5 p.m, at the Robert A. Lee Recreation Center in Iowa City. Performance dates will be April 26-28 and May 3-5. Those who wish to audition are asked to:
- Curly- age 20-30, confident, charismatic, leading man, a cowboy : Baritone to F#4
- Laurey- age 18-25, an innocent but spunky and headstrong farm girl, plays hard to get: Soprano to A5
- Ado Annie- age 18-25, fun loving, good-time girl, flirtatious, gullible, must have comedic abilities and move well; Alto Belt with mix to E5
- Will Parker- age 20-30, charming cowboy, not overly bright, fun-loving, energetic, should dance; Baritone to F4
- Jud Fry- age 25-40, sullen, mysterious, dangerous, troubled man with a powerful brooding presence, hired hand on Laurey’s farm; Bass/Baritone to C#4
- Ali Hakim- age 25-40, Persian peddler, con artist, character-singer with comic abilities; Baritone to D4
- Aunt Eller- age 30-60, matriarch of the community, middle-aged, down to earth, mother to everyone, gentle but with great wisdom and strength, she is feisty and has a wry sense of humor: Alto Belt with mix to F5
- Andrew Carnes- age 35-55, great character actor-singer, dry humor, big presence, must move well: Baritone to F4
- Ike Skidmore- age 30-40, farmer, character actor; Baritone (D to F#)
- Gertie Cummings- age 18-25,obnoxious laugh, high pitched whiny voice
- we will also need ensemble members of all ages and sizes
The final show of the ICCT season, Oklahoma!, will be directed by Rich Riggleman and Josh Sazon. Music director will be Wes Habley, and choreographers will be Doug and Jill Beardsley.
Questions about auditions? Contact the directors at