Auditions For Mame
Auditions for Mame will be June 20 and June 21, 2017 at Christ the King Lutheran Church, Iowa City from 7:00 — 9:30 p.m.
A Dance/Movement audition will be at 8:00 p.m.
Call backs will be on June 27th at Christ the King Lutheran Church, Iowa City. More information can be found here.
Cast Info (Singing Roles):
- Mame Dennis – socialite, age range 30-50, music is from F3 to D5 with a few other high notes hinted at,
- role requires you to be a triple threat: acting, singing, and dancing
- Patrick Dennis, age 10 – orphaned nephew of Mame, F3 to D5
- Patrick Denis, age 20 – adult version in Act 2, C3 to E4
- Vera Charles — actress friend of Mame’s – around Mame’s age or slightly older, E b 3 to B b 4
- Agnes Gooch — Patrick’s nanny – 20s, G3 to G5 or higher
- Ito — Mame’s butler – ageless, G2 to C4
- Beauregard Pickett Burnside — Mame’s flame, slightly older than Mame, C3 to D4
- Sally Cato – Mame’s rival for Beau, slightly younger than Mame, chorus doubles her singing lines
- Cousin Fan — snitching old spinster, E4 to B b 5 (will also be in chorus)
- Cousin Jeff — disbelieving cousin, D3 to D4 (will also be in chorus)
- Mother Burnside — cameo role, C3 to G4
- Chorus — variety of ages, at least half will portray college aged kids full vocal ranges from Bass II to Soprano I
- Speaking only roles – For more stage time, several speaking roles may also be cast from the chorus; if you really cannot sing, prove it with “Happy Birthday” or “Three Blind Mice” or similar ditty and show us your lip syncing skills!
- Mr. Babcock — Wall Street type, 40s to 50s (some might call him the show’s antagonist)
- Mr. Upson — same age as Mr. Babcock as they are fast friends
- Mrs. Upson — stay-at- home motherly type
- Gloria Upson – Patrick the older’s finacee, 20s
- Pegeen Ryan – Mame’s decorator – 20s (may also be in the chorus)
- Dwight Babcock, Jr. – Patrick’ best friend, 20s (may also be in chorus)
1. Sing 32-64 measures of a song that shows off your voice. Bring music with you. An accompanist will be
2. Movement component required for all actors (dancing around 8 p.m. for all auditioners)
3. Cold reading of selected materials
4. Cold reading from script of time allows
Tuesday, June 20 and Wednesday, June 21 at Christ the King Lutheran Church (Melrose and Mormon Trek), use front door and come to the basement (follow the signs).
Call Backs, Tuesday June 27 (will include singing songs from the show)