Category Archives: Event
PRESENTING A VERY SPECIAL EVENING OF COLLABORATION
THE IOWA CITY COMMUNITY THEATRE AND SHELTER HOUSE
“SHELTER OUR COMMUNITY” FUNDRAISER
THIS WILL BE AN EVENING TO REMEMBER!
Begin by sipping wine and tasting delicious desserts - Enjoy live entertainment by dynamic performers:
Mutiny in the Parlor Stephen Swanson
Kristen Behrendt DeGrazia Jill and Doug Beardsley
Lynn Conway David Raim, the Singing Farmer
Ashley Stockwell Michael Penick
Bryn Hedlund Abby Merrill
Katey Halverson Veronica Abreu
Experience the excitement of a live auction conducted by Emily Wears, who has recently been featured on a TV reality show about auctioneers! The fabulous auction items include:
- A delightful sunset cruise around the Coralville Reservoir on a pontoon boat with your hosts Steve & Chris Hedlund and Mark & Marsha Hamer! Enjoy a delicious gourmet dinner for six, conversation, and a view of Iowa from the water! Value $300
- Enjoy Jane McCune and Bob Wachal’s lovely home and company, gourmet dinner for 8, wine selected by Wally from John’s Grocery, and musical entertainment. Date to be arranged. Value $400
- An amazing one-week stay in the Wicklund’s one-bedroom flat in London! You’ll be conveniently located near the Big Eye with easy access to the Theatre District, the Tate Modern, and other London sights to create memories for a lifetime! Value $1000. Price reserved.
- You can be the owner of an original photo by local artist Barry Phipps with framing by the Hudson River Gallery and Frame Co. Barry’s iconic photos are guaranteed to create conversation and fit beautifully into any décor.
- Enjoy an evening of food, drink, and entertainment with up to 10 guests at the home of Myrene and H. Dee Hoover. Food by Mercy’s Chef Ron. You be the “director” (choose the theme and select the menu) or leave it to us. Time will be a mutual decision within a year of auction. Value $500
- Celebrate with dinner for 8 at Joseph’s! Enjoy an elegant chef-prepared, 5-course meal with wine pairings (appetizer, salad, soup, entrée, dessert). This is perfect for a special occasion to share with your friends! Value $150 per person
- Wow your guests by serving a 3-liter bottle of Aquinas 2007 Vintage Cabernet from Napa Valley along with a decanter and 4 red wine glasses from Ridel Crystal Glass Company. Donated by Brennan McGrath.
- You can own a beautiful painting by Susan White. This lovely, whimsical piece of art will enhance your home décor and make you smile with delight!
- Make a memory with cooking lessons for a party of 10! Chef Kurt Michael Friese will create a delicious meal in your home and engage your guests in learning some culinary essentials. Value $500
- Paddles up! You can provide housing for one night for a family at the Shelter House for $100. Don’t miss this chance to help a family who needs shelter. Paddles up, and you say how many nights you will support.
You can help the Iowa City Community Theatre continue its mission of celebrating local talent and the Shelter House continue its mission of providing shelter and opportunities for the homeless.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 24 at THE ENGLERT THEATRE
Tickets $35 online at www.Englert.org or call 319/688-2653
Doors open at 7:00 p.m. — SEE YOU THERE!
We’re finishing up our current season, and we have one final Membership Meeting coming up soon. ICCT will hold this Membership Meeting on Monday, May 20th, at 7:00 pm, at The Celebration Farm.
At this Meeting, the Nominating Committee will submit their proposed slate of Officers and At-Large Board Members for the 2013-14 Season, and all Members present will vote on the slate. We will have a final reading of the most recent, proposed changes to the By-Laws and vote upon these changes. Additionally, we will be presenting the slate of shows for our 2013-14 Season, as submitted by the Play & Director Selection Committee and approved by the Board. Any other items will be made available to the Membership before the Meeting, as well.
Because we will need a quorum present, in order to vote on these and other possible issues, we are asking that the Members RSVP to this event by email, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone, at 319-400-4703, no later than Friday, May 17th, to make sure a quorum will be in attendance.
Thank you, and we look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at the Meeting!
The Iowa City Community Theatre is presenting the classic musical “Oklahoma!” on April 26 and 27 and May 3 and 4 at 7:30 p.m., as well as April 27 and 28 and May 4 and 5 at 2 p.m. in the Exhibition Hall at the Johnson County Fairgrounds.
The show, with music by Richard Rodgers, book and lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II is co-directed by Josh Sazon and Richard Riggleman, with music direction by Wes Habley and choreography by Jill and Doug Beardsley.
The performances are sponsored by Dr. William Olin and Bertha Olin and Dr. Steve Hedlund and Chris Hedlund.
Tickets are $18 for adults, $15 for students and seniors, and $10 for children. Use the linked coupon to save $2 on each ticket!